Sunday, June 6, 2010

play review about Beauty

When I finished Beauty, I kept thinking that what I would wish If I had the lamp. When I was a little girl, I read a tiny story about a pair of shoes which could take people to wherever they want to go. After reading this story, I could not fall into sleep and I hoped I could gain the shoes. I felt pain and desperate about the fact that the magical shoes could not be mine forever. There were too many miracles in all kinds of stories and books, but Nothing had happened to me. I was born in a boring village where there was no playground for children, and I had never met aliens who might take me to the space freely, or met a fairy who might give me some magical and powerful tools which could make my life easier and more joyful. I was so disappointed about my childhood, no magical shoes, no genie from a lamp, no guests from space.

Let me come bake to the Arabian lamp topic. I can infer that what I would do if I got the lamp when I was a little girl. At that time I definitely did not care whether I was a beauty or not because I even did not know what the beauty was. My heart and brain were full of imagination. My first wish would be the shoes by which I could visit my loved uncle at any time; my second wish would be a white horse with two wings, and I could give it as a gift to my elder brother who ferociously dreamed to keep a horse; third wish was my last wish but I needed more wishes to improve my life, therefore I had to beg more wishes from the genie. Maybe the genie would angry at my greed and then take back all the things given by wishes.

Now I am not a little girl any more. I am thirty years old and I don't believe any magical things. I clearly know myself that neither am I a beauty nor a smart girl, though I am not a fool. For a long time I have realized the fact I am eventually becoming a very common person. If one day I went to beach and picked up an Arabian lamp, how to distribute three omnipotent wishes is a question.

Three years ago I asked my husband a question that what he would do with 10 thousand dollaes. After serious thinking, my husband told me he would send me to South Korea to reshape my face and body. By plastic surgery,I would be a woman whose face looks like a movie star whom he likes very much. We both laughed and knew it was just a joke. But I remembered this joke clearly. To take revenge, I would wish genie to give my husband a plastic surgery making his face look exactly like a movie actor whom I love very much. However,the problem is that I also like my husband’s face. I am not sure whether I would get used to his changed face. Therefore my second wish would let the genie change my husband's face back. I cannot waste my third wish, so I have to wish more wishes from genie. If genie says it is out of rule, I have only one wish left. I would use my third wish to get as much money as Bill Gates has. Money is too important for my life.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Ying,
    Your thoughts about magic wishes were truly insightful. I can imagine you as a child, in your village, trying to decide what to wish for if you could. I, too, kept thinking about what I would wish for if I had that lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the paintings you've posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Ying, you are both beautiful and smart! Moreover, both you and your husband are young and love each other deeply, that is the most valuable wealth, i think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ying
    i was realy impressed by your story its pretty amazing
    And you can t imagine how beautiful and smart you are , beside like *fei* said love between you and your husband is the must valuable gift.
    i like to read more about you ^^

    ReplyDelete